Port Security Access Card (“PSAC”)
Cards may be obtained through the Port Security Centre. Applications are processed Monday through Friday between 8 am and noon, or by appointment.
NEW HOURS OF OPERATION:
As of January 3rd, 2017, Applications will be processed Monday through Friday between 8 am and 2 pm.
There are four types of PSACs available:
|Card Type||Contractor Access||Limited Access
|Colour||Yellow||Green||Red||Red with Blue Stripe|
|Expiration||3 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Cost (incl. Tax)
|Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced at a cost of $20.00.|
* TSC-R2 Access Cards are only available to applicants requiring and passing Transport Canada background checks. Further information on this type of access is available at:
PSAC application forms are available at the Port Security Centre or Online (see below). The completed application must be submitted along with two pieces of government-issued photo ID (see below) and the signed endorsement of an HPA Marine Facility or Port Tenant or a person with signing authority on behalf of the applicant. As of April 1st, 2015, we will no longer accept any 3rd party sponsorship signatures.
Fees can be paid by debit, cheque, Mastercard or Visa.
Download the Port Security Access Card Application. (48KB PDF, opens in new window)
Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to the Port Security Office at 905.525-3412. They will be replaced at a cost of $20.00, at the discretion of the HPA. Cards must be returned to the Port Security Centre when expired or no longer required.
Acceptable Identification for PSAC Application
Valid, tamper-resistant government issued photo ID cards containing personal details such as name, description, address and other pertinent data are acceptable forms of identification when applying for a PSAC. These include:
- Provincial driver’s license with photograph
- Canadian passport
- Canadian citizenship card with photograph
- Ontario Health card with photograph
- Canadian Armed Forces identification card
- LCBO BYID photo card
- Photo ID Card issued by a government agency
- Employee photo ID from another Canadian Port Authority
Identification of Personnel Entering Port
All personnel must carry a valid PSAC, such that it is visible, and shall be presented upon request to any Port Security Personnel, Transport Canada or a Police representative. While conducting roving patrols, Port Security Personnel may request any persons to identify themselves. Unauthorized persons will need to attend the Port Security Centre at 450 Sherman Avenue N. for authorization prior to entry and may be requested to leave the port area.
- All marine facilities are responsible to control access into and on their own facility as required by their approved Transport Canada Security Plans and the Marine Transportation Security Regulations.
- Truck & Vehicle Operators – Each facility is responsible for access for persons, trucks and other vehicles that enter their facility as required by their Transport Canada Security Plans and the Marine Transportation Security Regulations. Vehicle Operators/ Security are required to apply for a PSAC to facilitate entry to port property.
- Visitors – Visitors that enter the facilities are subject to the access control measures outlined in the facility’s Transport Canada Security Plans and the Marine Transportation Security Regulations. Visitors without a PSAC must be accompanied at all times by a person who has a valid PSAC and will take responsibility for the actions of the visitor while on port property.
- Vessel crew and passengers – Vessel crew and passengers’ access control measures will be the responsibility of each facility as outlined in their Transport Canada Security Plans and the Marine Transportation Security Regulations.