Tenders and RFPs
Notice of Public Tenders
Tenders and RFPs
Project: Pier 10 – Sucrocan Plant Foundations
“Sealed Tenders” clearly marked as to the contents, will be received at the Hamilton Port Authority office, 6th Floor, 605 James St. North, Hamilton, for the Sucrocan Plant Foundations located at 560 Ferguson Ave., N, Hamilton, until:
1400 hrs (2:00PM) on Thursday May 25, 2017
The Hamilton Port Authority (HPA) is currently seeking a General Contractor to complete the construction of the deep foundation and slab system for SucroCAN’s tower. The new raft slab and foundation will be located inside of an existing processing plant.
Major components of the project will include the following:
- Saw cut and remove existing 7” thick concrete floor slab (5100± SF)
- Cut, cap and/or re-route existing services
- Excavate for new raft slab (2700±SF at 4’-0” deep and 2400±SF at 2’-0” deep)
- Provide a detailed engineered deep foundation pile system to support a raft slab and is capable of supporting loads shown on drawings for a future 100’-0” ± industrial processing tower.
- Provide temporary floor-to-ceiling hoarding on inside of building around work area
- Temporality support building columns
- Provide new reinforced concrete raft slab c/w piers, anchor bolts and steel bearing plates for future tower construction
There is a Bidder’s Site Meeting scheduled for Tuesday May 16, 2017 at 10:00AM.
Tender Documents will be available for purchase starting Friday morning (May 12th) at the Hamilton Port Authority’s office. There is a $50 (including HST) non‐refundable fee for the purchase of the CD containing the Tender Documents (specifications and drawings). Payment shall be by cash or cheque only made payable to the Hamilton Port Authority.
All bids must be accompanied by bonding and proof of insurance as per the contract documents.
The lowest or any tender not necessarily accepted.
Louis Fortier, P.Eng
HAMILTON PORT AUTHORITY
605 James St. North, Hamilton, ON, L8L 1K1
Tel: 905‐525‐4330 Ext.232